Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for an Energy Analyst to assist ICF in contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. You will have the opportunity to apply academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This position will be located in Fairfax, Virginia
What you’ll be doing….
- Collecting and analyzing data for power sector modeling projects (i.e., technology characterizations, regional load and energy demand data, emissions control technologies cost and performance)
- Researching state energy and environmental regulations and policies
- Reviewing literature on technology cost and availability
- Managing, manipulating and analyzing large datasets
- Developing code and macros to process and manage large datasets
- Coordinating with other members of project teams throughout the company
- Preparing high quality written and electronic products
What you’ll need….
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering, or related subjects
- Ability to demonstrate strong quantitative and/or modeling skills, specifically database management and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of linear optimization and energy and environmental markets is an advantage
- Demonstrated quantitative and strong modeling skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
- Strong interest in economics / finance and the energy industry
- Knowledge of Excel macro programming and other programming languages
- Good research skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)