Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Red Team Developer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
This position will provide project management, detailed subject matter expertise, and expert guidance to government personnel in the execution of Cyber Red Team operations. Managing the engineering and deployment of exploitation capabilities. Task includes adapting to existing industry exploits to work within the Navy’s architectures and developing new exploits and payloads based on emerging cyber threats.
- 10+ years identifying mission area-related concepts and technologies for new innovative application within the Navy’s experimentation process
- 10+ years developing and supporting development of Navy mission areas-related operational concepts, tactics, and experimental concepts and technologies
- 10+ years planning and executing Joint/Navy experimentation with mission area-related concepts and capabilities
- 10+ years of demonstrated prior experience in the execution of mission area-related capabilities at the tactical level
- 5+ years’ experience in exploit development, reverse engineering, red team capabilities and engineering are required to meet successfully support the Navy Red Team’s mission requirements.
- Experience with researching various cyber actors’ TTPs, organizational structures, capabilities, personas, and environments, and integrate findings into penetration tests or web risk assessment operations
- Web Server configuration knowledge: Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
- Experience with planning and executing technical cyber assessments or penetration tests
- Experience with the development and utilization of testing methodology for cloud-based and networked systems
- Experience with modification, testing and utilization of computer network attack and exploitation tools
- Ability to design, build, and implement software, Cyber assessment tools, information assurance products, or computer security applications, preferred
- Experience with computer network or system design and implementation preferred
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework, Cybersecurity requirements during the acquisition lifecycle (i.e. Developmental and Operational Testing)
- Experience working with Operational Testing Agencies (i.e. COMOPTEVFOR, ATEC, AFOTEC, MCOTEA, JITC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification.
- Possess at least two of these technical certifications: Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), Web Application Penetration Tester (WAPT), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Familiarity with Navy Information System Architecture.
- Application of industry standards for secure software development and lifecycle management.
- Design, development, testing, modification and operational application of attack and exploitation tools. (to include familiarity with industry standard software engineering concepts and languages such as C+, Python, PHP, Assembly, etc.)
- Reverse-engineering and debugging of Windows and X-nix based applications and malware utilizing industry standard tools such as IDA Pro, WinDbg, and OllyDbg
- Current and emerging exploitation mitigation strategies implemented by both Windows and X-nix based operating systems
- Windows and X-nix based operating systems
- Windows and X-nix based heap and stack management exploitation and implementation of heap and stack exploitation mitigation (such as ASLR bypass, heap spraying)
- Return-oriented programming (ROP) exploitation techniques to execute code in the presence of security defenses (non-executable memory and code signing)
- Exploitation and vulnerabilities associated with most common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.), and network security services (PKI, HTTPS, etc.)
- Improvising courses of action (COAs) and capability development/modification during operations (i.e. remote access/exploitation and close access team operations) to achieve desired red teaming effects
- Development, modification, and utilization of network enumeration engines, Open Source Research (OSR) engines, and reverse engineering exploitation frameworks
- Development of network systems and architectures to allow Red Team operations in a non-traceable and non-attributable manner
- Development of advanced hacking capabilities (e.g. botnet, client deception, advanced Trojans, data exfiltration, mobile device discovery and exploitation)
- Provide expertise in and techniques, tactics and procedures (TTPs) development for emulation of cyber adversaries
- Conduct exercise planning, MESL development, and execution of COCOM, Fleet, and Special Operations cyber assessments and exercises
- Use commercial and open source network cyber assessment tools (e.g. Core Impact, Nmap, Metasploit, and Nessus).
- Exploit common vulnerabilities and misconfigurations associated with common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.), and network security services (PKI, HTTPS, etc.)
- Assist with procuring, managing, and training for operational infrastructure associated with Red Team types of “attack platforms.”
- Conduct planning and execute Red Teaming, Penetration Testing, and or Capture the Flag events
- Research various cyber actors’ TTPs, organizational structures, capabilities, personas, and environments, and integrate findings into Cyber Red Teaming or penetration test operations
- Develop and utilize testing methodology for threat emulation and vulnerability validation.
- Develop Operational Risk Management (ORM) concepts and matrixes to support operations and exercises
- Support execution of and help in development of TTPs for physical penetration testing or Red Teaming.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)