Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Incident Response Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective Cyber Security solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
As the Incident Response Analyst you will be responsible for the analysis and response to network, host, and security events in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment. You will also be responsible for following DOD policy and guidance in the response and tracking of incidents and classified material handling. You also will work closely with Network Operations Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers, Information Assurance Engineers, and System Administrators to ensure network security and health. This opportunity will also allow the right person a chance to earn their GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) Reverse Engineering Malware or GREM certificate. Atlanta, GA and relocation assistance is available!
- Analyzing and responding to incidents within the client’s enterprise.
- Execution and tracking of the incident response process.
- Creation of technically detailed reports on incidents to include attack vector, vulnerability exploited, remediation steps taken, and feedback on how to prevent future incidents.
- Analyze and evaluate network, system, and security events to determine whether an incident has occurred and taking appropriate response actions.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- Must have a current Security+ CE or CEH certification.
- Must have an active Security clearance.
- Minimum of three (3) years incident response experience.
- Experience in the following technologies: Host Based Security System, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Network Access control, Security Information and Event Management, and Advanced Persistent Threat Prevention.
- Experience performing and refining incident response at an enterprise level.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Prefer GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Encase Certified Examiner (ENCE or EnCE), or EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) certificates.
- Prefer GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) Reverse Engineering Malware or GREM certificate
- Security Operations Center (SOC) experience.
- Prior experience with IT security devices and tools such as Encase, Check Point Firewalls, Blue Coat Secure Web Gateway, Source Fire IDS/IPS, Symantec DLP, and Fore Scout.
- Experience with the CJCSM 6510 Cyber Incident Handling Program tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- An understanding of DOD information assurance policy and regulations.
Professional Skills/Required Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)