Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
It’s time to love where you work, love what you do and make an impact! ICF Next is seeking user experience (UX) analysts to help lead user interface design, usability testing, and prototyping for various client web application and websites. You will work with clients and team members to discover and understand business requirements; design and carry out user research activities and engage end users in the design process; ensure a focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience; and develop wireframes, process flows, and other information architecture documents to communicate site structures to business and development teams.
We’re changemakers, we love finding new ways to solve problems and are committed to being that positive change in the world. Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF Next. Find out what we’re up to at icfnext.com. This is position is based in either Fairfax, VA and will require traveling to our client in Pittsburgh 3-4 times per 6-week design sprint.
What you will be doing:
- Work collaboratively with team and stakeholders to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Develop usability test plans and conduct user research activities
- Design website/application structures and user interfaces
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and other blueprints that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Conduct content audits, develop content maps
- Participate in collaborative user-centered design initiatives across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- 3+ years experience applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development, social media, or similar digital environment
- Experience working in government, healthcare, and/or energy sectors is desired.
- Experience conducting usability research, such as user interviews or cardsorts
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Team player with positive energy for collaborating, balancing multiple tasks, and learning on the job.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills and professionalism
ICF Next is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)