Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior UX Strategist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you motivated to design excellent user experiences? Are you people-centered, with a keen curiosity about technologies and approaches? Are you audacious in the face of big problems that need effective solutions?
ICF Next is seeking a mid-senior level user experience professional to lead information architecture efforts for projects in our government practice. Your role will be to design digital products that address real needs, get adopted by intended audiences, and solve client problems. You’ll work collaboratively with team members, end users, and clients, and will facilitate collaborative user-centered design across business, marketing, creative, technical, and operational areas. Expertise in user centered design methodologies and a background in website and web application development are essential. Work in agile development environments and proficiency with Lean concepts are a plus. Experience working in government, healthcare, and/or energy sectors is desired.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Learn more at ICFNext.com!
What you will be doing:
- Understand and communicate insights into user needs, business needs, and current state (e.g. identify target audiences and create personas; work with stakeholders to understand goals and gaps; perform heuristic reviews and competitive analyses)
- Design and conduct user research (e.g. write test plans; carry out research activities including card sorting, prototype testing, contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, focus groups, lab-based usability studies; analyze results and present recommendations)
- Design information architectures (e.g. develop navigation structures, wireframes, sitemaps, interactive prototypes, process flows, and other blueprints)
- Inform content decisionmaking for target audiences and platforms (e.g. conduct content audits, develop content maps)
- Write and deliver persuasive reports and presentations to team members and clients
- Facilitate workshops in support of human-centered design, product strategy, and innovation
- Bachelors degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- 12+ years experience applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development environments
- Ability to take a leadership role in working with business stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Masters degree
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Experience applying Lean UX principles
- Experience supporting customer experience or service design efforts (e.g. through customer journey mapping, mental model diagramming)
- Data analysis skills
- Experience develop taxonomies and ontologies
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)