Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Management Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Energy Management Specialist
ICF is adding an Engineer to its energy efficiency team in Portland, Oregon to support a wide range of energy efficiency programs. Our clients include utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 global corporations, as well as a variety of industry, and government organizations. We are seeking this Energy Engineer to take a significant role in the implementation of programs that will deliver and expand our offerings. The candidate should have a mechanical engineering degree, a degree in energy management or similar degree or work experience. This team member will play a role in implementing utility funded energy efficiency programs, identifying new efficiency opportunities and supporting other efforts to increase energy efficiency in existing commercial buildings. There will be opportunities to work on cross-team projects involving every aspect of energy efficiency, spanning all energy end uses in commercial buildings.
- Work as part of a team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of energy efficiency projects are successfully executed
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy-efficient technologies and practices to our clients
- Interface with contractors installing energy-efficient projects for a wide range of commercial customers
- Conduct surveys to verify installation and operation of energy efficiency equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or associates degree in Energy Management. Other degrees and/or experience will be considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of building controls, motors, domestic hot water and HVAC systems
- Experience with energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Basic knowledge of electric and gas systems, commercial building energy technologies
- Understanding of energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Energy modeling software skills a plus, but not required.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical and non-technical writing and communication abilities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to analyze technical issues and convey conclusions to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Analyzing fuel and power markets, improving energy efficiency in concert with renewable energy and distributed generation programs, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you’ll find ICF. Backed by 40+ years of experience, our energy experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies, develop and implement programs for today, and tomorrow. To explore career opportunities in ICF’s energy consultancy, visit www.icf.com/careers.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Portland, OR (OR08)