Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
London or Brussels
About the team:
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a consultant to join our Research and Evaluation team. The team provides research, evaluation and technical assistance services to EU institutions, in particular the European Commission (including DG EAC and DG EMPL), as well as other European organisations, such as the EUROFOUND, EIGE and CEDEFOP.
Our current portfolio of projects reflects the diversity of our work. Examples of our work in the area of education and skills include: Evaluation of Erasmus + (DG EAC) or comparative research on apprenticeships (Cedefop). In the area of employment our team often works on evaluations of programmes such as European Social Fund or studies to support transition of people to employment. While analysing education and employment issues in the EU we take into account gender considerations and analyse how different policies and programmes affect girls and boys, women and men. Additionally, our team currently delivers a number of gender-specific projects, including a study on female genital mutilation that estimates the girls at risk in the European Union (EIGE), and a study on administrative data collection on intimate partner violence (EIGE).
The position entails managing and contributing to projects around researching, development or review of public policies and programmes for our clients. You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and external stakeholders. We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in broader social policy topics combined with strong project management skills, business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills. A law degree would be a particular asset.
About the role:
- Conduct research and evaluation projects under supervision of a project director
- Manage project team on a day to day basis
- Assign work packages to project teams and quality assure their work
- Support project team on methodological aspects ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities
- Manage day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director
- Deliver project work within budget
- Conduct or oversee legal analysis of both national and EU law
- Conduct or oversee qualitative analysis
- Lead on report-writing and presentations
- Lead tenders and reports for the European Commission, governments, and other EU clients
- Attend site visits and to client meetings
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- Master’s degree in law.
- Typically five years’ work experience within the context of the evaluation of EU employment, education, equality and non-discrimination.
- Project management experience, including management of project teams
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals
- Understanding of financial reporting and metrics
- Strong qualitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable)
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications)
- Exceptional writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language
- Deep understanding of European law, policy making process and EU Institutions, experience of working for the European Commission an advantage
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)