Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist/Engineer to work within our Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services (R3E) team. This position will primarily support EPA contracts with the Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI), Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization (OBLR), and Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery (ORCR). The Environmental Scientist/Engineer will apply his or her knowledge and work experience to support a wide range of technical projects, and will work within a project team environment that includes interacting with external experts and clients.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical and analytical support on projects related to the planning, investigation, remediation, operation, monitoring, and optimization of contaminated sites.
- Research and evaluate new, innovative, and “green” site characterization and remedial technologies, including related technical and policy issues.
- Analyze chemical, geologic, and/or hydrogeologic data using a variety of software packages.
- Participate in site visits and provide oversight for field work under the direction of senior ICF staff and clients.
- Perform research, Internet and database searches; compile, organize, and synthesize data and information; and prepare graphs, charts, tables, and figures displaying results.
- Prepare reports and other documents on topics associated with site characterization, remedial optimization, and remedy implementation.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering, including geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- 6-8 years of experience related to contaminated site characterization, remediation, and optimization at contaminated sites including Superfund, Brownfields, and RCRA Corrective Action sites.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state environmental laws and regulations under Federal (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields), state, or other cleanup programs.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.3 or higher.
Professional skills and experience were looking for:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including experience conducting quantitative analyses using Microsoft Access and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and manage a heavy workload and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)