Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
About ICF’s Transportation Portfolio
To support our dynamic growth and expanding client base, ICF is seeking a transportation systems planning principal to support the Transportation portfolio of our Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business. Our transportation business specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for Federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices.
Job Description: We are seeking a transportation systems planning principal responsible for planning and completing major project tasks related to transportation systems analyses, statewide and metropolitan planning studies, strategic planning, travel demand forecasting, corridor feasibility studies, transportation plan updates, and subarea planning applications. The position involves the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services to clients at the federal, state, and local levels.
The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Transportation planning
- Transportation corridor studies
- Transportation policy
- Economic analysis relevant to transportation management
- System performance measures
- Traffic engineering
- Travel demand forecasting
- Developing innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Leading data collection and analysis
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing reports and presentations
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Managing task or project schedules, budgets, and quality of work
- Developing business, including generating leads and writing proposals
- Degree in transportation/civil engineering, economics, public policy, or related subjects
- 15+ years of experience in transportation planning
- Experience conducting transportation projects for state transportation departments, the U.S. DOT, the Transportation Research Board, and/or other public sector transportation agencies
- Government consulting experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience researching and writing high quality documents
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
- Has flexibility to work across an array of related transportation planning and policy areas.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)