Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
To support ICF’s dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking a Toxicologist to work in our Health Science Practice. This group of 70+ science professionals provides toxicology, hazard assessment, epidemiology, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment.
The Toxicologist’s project work would support federal agencies (such as U.S. EPA and NIEHS), state agencies, and private sector clients in assessing the human health impacts of pollutants. Specific tasks would involve qualitative and quantitative analyses that form the basis of human health toxicology, hazard assessments, and risk assessments.
This position can be located in either our Durham, NC or Fairfax, VA office.
- Support of and project leadership in systematic literature reviews for potentially hazardous agents, including:
- screening available studies for relevance to a research question,
- extracting relevant study data,
- evaluating study design and the risk of bias for included studies,
- synthesizing evidence to reach a hazard conclusion,
- performing quantitative analyses to develop dose-response relationships and meta-analyses, and
- documenting methods, assumptions, conclusions, and key data gaps in a report
- Task and project management
- Interaction and correspondence with clients
- Review of work produced by others
- Development of technical publications and guidance, presentations at conferences, and proposal sections
- Mentoring and training other technical staff
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
- Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related subject with focus on human health hazard and risk assessment with 2+ years assessing human health impacts of chemicals
- Experience with government regulatory programs (preferably U.S. EPA or NIEHS)
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute technical approaches to solving scientific questions
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)