Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Electrical Engineer- Energy Efficiency Programs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is growing and we're looking for an Electrical Engineer to help government and other public–private partnership programs drive improved energy efficiency in homes and businesses. Build your career while being part of a team that reviews and analyzes energy efficient consumer products and building technologies. In this role you will directly apply your engineering and analytical skills to help leading organizations save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints. As an Electrical Engineer at ICF you’ll have the chance to work on multiple Energy Star projects, interact with all levels of staff, participate in client meetings, and work with industry experts.
Expected responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performing research, analysis, and industry outreach to develop energy efficiency specifications for a variety of residential and commercial product categories.
- Serving as liaison between government and industry stakeholders (e.g. equipment and component manufacturers, trade associations, energy efficiency advocates) to understand the challenges and opportunities for improving product efficiency.
- Performing in-depth analysis of energy efficiency savings, using spreadsheets, databases, and custom programming (e.g., Python, Ruby).
- Reviewing literature and performing market and product analytical research.
- Writing of technical materials.
- Developing and implementing program strategies, preparing and presenting persuasive presentations, and research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry trends.
- Conveying complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Physics and/or Computer Engineering or BS + 2 years experience.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills (Microsoft applications, spreadsheet/database skills, basic programming skills).
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Experience in product development and/or test method development for consumer electronics products.
- Knowledge of electronic hardware design, product design, and energy efficiency.
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)