Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IDDS Mali Operations Manager - Bamako, Mali
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems. ICF is seeking an Operations Manager who will work closely with the Team Lead on project management, field and home office staff, subcontractors, consultants and vendors as needed. The Operations Manager will work closely with the IDDS Operations and Finance Director based in the U.S as well. This position operates under the management and oversight of the IDDS Mali Team Lead for day to day management.
- Work closely with the team lead and office staff to ensure that operations are managed, and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to USAID requirements, and comply with ICF policies and standard operating procedures
- Oversee the office facilities management, transportation, and logistics, including making necessary arrangements for project meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Ensure a safe, efficient, and appropriate working environment for all staff.
- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, transportation, and utilities.
- Maintain proper documentation for all office and project expenditures.
- Manage vendors and other service provider performance and ensure invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis.
- Coordinate monthly requests and disbursement of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for operations.
- Review purchase orders and consult with the team lead for approval, prior to issuance within agreed upon thresholds.
- Maintain office records such as travel logs, asset lists, and others as needed.
- Other tasks assigned by the team lead or Operations and Finance Director as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to read and speak English
- Authorization to work in Mali
- 2+ years of experience working with international donor programs
- Familiar with US government (USG) Rules and Regulations, and experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred (including AIDAR, CFR 226, CFR 228, ADS).
- Experience completing a variety of tasks by establishing priorities and working in a fast-paced office environment, under pressure, and against numerous deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Impeccable business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
(EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here:
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.