Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job Title Creative Director
At ICF Next, we change lives, strengthen communities, stretch minds and shape history. We’re devoted to finding better ways to innovate solutions for a healthier planet, improving the quality of life worldwide, driving business value, discovering answers for complex issues, and to learn and grow. What we do matters and that inspires us each and every day. We are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
About the team
Working strategically across all Creative teams, the Creative Director is a key driving force behind creativity across ICF Next. Promoting excellence and creativity across the entire business, while challenging client perception of our capabilities at every opportunity. You should be dedicated to producing the best work in our category. All the while acting as an evangelist for our vision and values and inspiring all colleagues to truly have creativity at the heart. Reporting directly to the Executive Creative Director, and working alongside Strategy and Creative Services, it is essential that you are the energy, the dreamer, the challenger.
About the role
The main responsibilities externally will include:
- Externally driving the development of creative strategy on major pitches and live projects
- Building/ sustaining client understanding of our creative and strategic capabilities
- Working with clients to draw out insights and intelligence that underpin our understanding of their business, brand, sector and with the factors that shape it
- Undertake wider client facing responsibilities including taking and formulating briefs and running creative workshops
- Being an advocate for the creativity of the business and uphold the principles of the vision at all times
- Be a valued trusted advisor to clients by helping reach creative solutions in a more collaborative and immersive way
- Working to exceed expectations of clients, providing support and co-authorship across accounts
- Networking and building relationships with new, potential and existing clients
- Challenging client briefs where appropriate
- Connect with the wider world by proactively networking with peers, absorbing and sharing, highlighting new technologies, benchmarking and client liaison
- Be a Trusted Advisor to your clients
- Similar agency experience
- Strong portfolio of relevant work and proven track record (please attach portfolio with application)
- A highly developed understanding of Marketing Communications (strategic and tactical)
- A strong creative and strategic thinker who can inspire and motivate colleagues
- An expert understanding of art direction, production methods and creative software
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to excite and delight clients with our offering, our work and our thinking
- A thought leader in design and communication principles
- Ability to plan, delegate and work on several projects at any one time
- An excellent relationship builder with both senior clients, suppliers and peers in parallel agencies
- Multidisciplinary background essential as is a knowledge of event production
Ability to create relevant and credible content for internal and external consumption to include blogs, articles and opinion pieces
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Leeds - Carlton Mills (GB77)