Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Paleontology Principal Investigator On-Call
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
On-Call Paleontology Principal Investigator
ICF is currently seeking an On-Call Paleontology Principal Investigator to work on projects throughout California. Position can be based in Los Angeles, Irvine, Corona or San Diego.
The on-Call Paleontology PI will work under the supervision of our senior cultural resources staff and project managers. Work includes analyzing existing data in the form of museum and agency records searches, geological map reviews, and literature-based research; and preparing CEQA/NEPA documents and impact mitigation plans. The PI may provide occasional senior support for paleontological monitors working in the field; however fieldwork is not required for this position.
- Review paleontological research from local, state, and other archives.
- Preparation of CEQA analyses (Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports) and NEPA Analyses (Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements).
- Prepare paleontology monitoring discovery and treatment plans/impact mitigation plans.
- Provide senior support to paleontology resource monitors.
- Graduate degree or higher in paleontology and sedimentary geology or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and procedures that apply to all aspects of mitigation paleontology.
- Demonstrated professional experience and competency with paleontological resource mitigation procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated writing abilities, with the ability to present clear, precise, analytical, and authoritative arguments.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior paleontological and geological field experience working in the California and western United States.
- Necessary experience to be approved as a Field Agent on a BLM Paleontological Resource Use Permit.
- Working knowledge of how paleontological resources and their associated data are used in conducting and publishing professional paleontological research.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)