Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Soil Scientist/Ecologist On-Call Arcata, CA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
On-call Soil Scientist/Ecologist
ICF is currently seeking an on-call entry level to mid-level Soil Scientist/Ecologist to provide soil science, wetland delineation, and miscellaneous ecological evaluation assistance on a variety of energy, transportation, and water projects in California. The Soil Scientist/Ecologist will report to ICF’s Sacramento office. The position will be based in either ICF’s Arcata office.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Conduct small to large-scale field surveys in support of for vegetation, wetland delineation, and other investigations.
- Prepare reports (e.g., wetland delineations, vegetation assessments)
- Perform field surveys including but not limited to walking transects, collecting specimens, and digging soil pits
- Bachelor’s degree in Soil Science, Geology, Ecology, Environmental Science or related field
- 0 to 6 years of experience in environmental and natural resource consulting
- Knowledge of California flora and vegetation communities
- Knowledge of principles and concepts for natural science techniques and methodologies as applied in a planning setting
- Use of GPS technologies
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
- Proposal preparation experience
- Experience with energy, transportation, and water-related clients
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for evaluation of environmental impacts
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations relating to biological resources (including CEQA, NEPA, Clean Water Act, California Fish and Game Code, and applicable Executive Orders)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
California Remote Office (CA99)