Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Financial Modelling Specialist - Energy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Analyst/ Senior Analyst - Financial Modelling : New Delhi
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Analyst/ Senior Analyst in our New Delhi, India office who have experience in Energy Sector (domains like oil and gas, power, renewables, energy efficiency) and can develop financial models for different types of projects falling under the above domain. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s energy business, building on our established team and leveraging ICF’s broad energy sector capabilities. Ideal candidates will possess strong background in energy sector financing and policy in India and in the region.
The selected candidate will contribute to the development of high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The selected candidate will also have an opportunity to apply experience and academic knowledge, lead major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while continuing to build content knowledge and consulting skills.
- The candidate should be well versed with financial modelling for project feasibility studies in energy sector i.e. oil and gas, power, renewables, energy efficiency or other infrastructure projects as need be.
- The candidate should be well versed with different terms of developing financial modelling for project feasibility and due diligence studies
- The candidate should be able to build models for different type of projects (e.g. city gas distribution, petrochemical, exploration and production, power / energy procurement, mining projects) and should be able to add new features to existing models to make them more robust with the help of advanced excel formulae, scenario analysis and simulation
- The candidate should be able to develop feasibility study models that calculates the cash flow of the projects to determine the feasibility using parameters such as ROE, NPV, IRR, payback period etc.
- The candidate should be able to understand the Business Plan to be developed considering different pattern of debt/equity structure for the project (Joint Venture / project to be developed through new subsidiary etc.)
- Business Valuation - Detailed financial models for valuation of companies projecting the financial statements and valuation using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), relative analysis, transaction comparable etc.
- Strategy and Business Plan Presentations - Structure and analyze the business plan in accordance with the strategy and prepare the presentations for the Clients
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or Economics from reputed institutions
• Post graduate degree in finance / CFA is preferred
• 2 - 4 years of work experience in energy / infrastructure domain and must have developed financial models for this industry.
• Demonstrative knowledge of energy / infrastructure sector
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following strengths:
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
New Delhi, India (II77)