Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Ruby on Rails Developer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are looking for a fun, energetic and hard-working Ruby on Rails Software Developer. You will join our engineering team and help with building and maintaining RoR applications to support a Federal website that contains health education materials. This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits.
What will you be doing?
- You will design, develop, maintain and support a storefront website.
- You will build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- You will analyze, test, and resolve issues with application software.
- You will incorporate UI updates based on user research.
- Develop APIs to integrate the storefront with other order fulfillment and inventory management systems, and business intelligence tools
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
What you need to know and bring?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
What would be also be really helpful to know?
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructures and deployment
- Experience working with Federal clients
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with 508 compliance
Technologies (Ex: Java, React, ETL, mobile)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)