Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cybersecurity Operations Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an ambitious Cybersecurity Operations Manager to lead our Defensive Cyber Operations and Threat Analysis team. The successful candidate will provide support for DoD customers leading teams of Watch Officers, Network Defenders, Cyber Threat Analysts and other team members. The ideal candidate will execute mission requirements, personnel requirement tracking, perform network analysis, trend analysis, threat detection, vulnerability information dissemination and DoD Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) methodologies to operations.
This position requires the candidate to have analytical skills, strong self-motivation, detail-oriented and data driven, with a drive for meeting our commitments to the DoD customer.
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the defensive cyber operations (DCO) mission, personnel executing the mission and associated infrastructure
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coordination to team, to include latest information security practices, techniques, capabilities, and conduct/promote knowledge sharing within the team
- Implement and maintain a daily battle rhythm that drives consistent, high quality operations across the entire DCO team
- Advance the cyber threat analytic tradecraft of all team members
- Monitor and enforce Service Level Agreements (SLAs) set by DoD policy and other appropriate regulations applied
- Update or provide recommendations on teams Standard Operating Procedures, as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in techniques, and procedures of attackers; in relation to incident response
- Ensure ongoing improvement of the availability, reliability of all network components
- Ensure Security Mitigation elements are in place and operational to support the live/production Environments.
- Manage teams that are geographically dispersed
- Track overall team training compliances and accesses
- Motivate team members and create an open communication culture
- Be able to create technically detailed reports based on intrusions and other events
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network traffic and system activity for potential intrusions
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues
- Be the point person for technical knowledge of current alerting tools and detection mechanism
- Listen to team member’s feedback and work to resolve any issues or conflicts
- 5 years' experience leading/supervising technical teams
- 8 years' relevant cyber operations and IT experience
- 3 years of operations background, including work prioritization and planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related program
- Experience Leading the deployment, operation, and maintenance of Network & Security Infrastructure.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts and applications
- Active DoD Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Active PMP Certification
- DoD Directive 8570/8140 IAM Level III Certification (ie: CISSP or other equivalent)
- Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related program
- Active ITSM/ITIL Certification
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS Security
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Provide elaborate technical details and communicate effectively with various clients
- Previous experience leading or working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Previous experience with USCYBERCOM Cyber Mission Force (CMF) construct and their operations methodologies
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)