Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Tuberculosis Diagnostics Lead Advisor - Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Health and Development
Tuberculosis Diagnostics Lead Advisor
Are you passionate about addressing global health security issues through the strengthening of surveillance systems and laboratory diagnostic networks? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges.
The Tuberculosis Diagnostics Lead Advisor’s primary responsibility is to ensure successful implementation of the project’s Tuberculosis (TB) activities and achievement of targets and deliverables while managing and remaining within the approved budget. The advisor will define the strategic vision for TB activities in line with USAID’s TB diagnostic network strategy and IDDS’ core technical approaches. The advisor will support countries in the strengthening of TB diagnostic networks and surveillance, including supporting countries in introducing new diagnostic technologies and tools. The position will be based in Rockville, MD. Members of the IDDS team are based in Rockville, with some working in other locations. Administrative responsibilities include managing assignments, the associated staff, logistics, and budgets. The advisor will be responsible for a diverse set of activities across IDDS countries for a period of five years, including support to other disease activities, including the Global Health Security Agenda.
The advisor provides technical leadership to the design, implementation, and monitoring of technical strategies, programs, or tools to support the project’s Tuberculosis activities. This will specifically include the following:
- Provides technical expertise to ensure quality and rigorous design based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods, current practice, and established laboratory and operational standards.
- Introduces innovative thinking and practice to the design and implementation of activities.
- Builds capacity at the country, regional, or global level through utilization of accepted methods. Assesses current technical, managerial, and operational capacities at the program, regional, or global levels.
- Represents the project’s TB activities to external stakeholders. Responsible for sharing best practices and contributing to the knowledge base through participation in technical. Shares new evidence and best practices with project, partners, and host countries.
- Works closely with the Project Director, Diagnostics Network Lead Advisor, Surveillance Lead Advisor, and other technical advisors for an integrated, sustainable approach to the project activities
- Provides direct technical assistance to countries in the optimization of their TB diagnostic networks, incorporating internationally recommended algorithms, and introducing new diagnostic technologies and innovations, including those for MDR and XDR-TB.
- Provide technical assistance to countries in strengthening surveillance systems for MDR and XDR-TB either directly or by advising IDDS’ Surveillance Lead.
- Ensure technical approaches for TB align with project’s log frame and indicators
- Provides technical coordination and communication for USAID TB priority countries, bringing the full technical expertise of the project to respond to country needs.
- Minimum Master’s degree or higher in laboratory science, public health or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection, surveillance, or diagnostics
- 10+ years of experience working to support infectious disease or other priority disease diagnostic networks with at least five years’ experience in developing countries.
- Ability to articulate a systems-oriented approach to addressing challenges in a comprehensive diagnostic network, including components such as access to testing including specimen transport, supply chain, functional equipment and private sector engagement.
- Expertise in the role of the laboratory in TB detection, treatment, and management of drug-resistant TB
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the latest diagnostic technologies, tools and approaches for TB
- A demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects.
- A demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country governments and international organizations, national TB programs, and US Government Agencies.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan project implementation activities.
- Demonstrated experience working in challenging country contexts
- Ability to travel internationally 35% time
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)