Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Biomedical and Clinical Information Services Portfolio Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a senior leader to further develop and build the strategic direction and delivery of our biomedical and clinical information services, with an emphasis on strategic planning, business development, and project management. The senior leader will have a proven track record of project implementation experience focusing on NIH health information programs, mainly preparing health and disease-specific information for specific audiences, including translating information into lay language. Experience in external-facing roles with program leaders at NIH is required. Primary leadership responsibilities include providing high level oversight to multiple projects, business development and strategic growth direction, senior project and client management expertise, and staff management and support to sustain and grow ICF’s biomedical and clinical information services.
ICF is a leader who combines our expertise in clinical trials, genetics, infectious diseases, and integrated health solutions with our know-how in health information services, and project management to deliver superior services on the largest federal health challenges. You will work with a team of experts who are driven to make a difference, going above-and-beyond to provide health information services, including employing digital communication solutions, to meet NIH program needs to reach researchers, health professionals, and patients. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to demonstrate your strong track record in both winning and delivering significant engagements within the NIH market.
The job is based in our Rockville, Maryland office.
What you’ll get to do:
- Manage all aspects of the sales lifecycle from identifying the opportunity, pursuit strategy, proposal development, and contracting.
- Leverage existing and cultivate new relationships across the NIH market that will lead directly to new business opportunities.
- Manage client and partner relationships to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and sell integrated solutions.
- Supervise multiple engagements, manage quality of service delivery and client satisfaction, and ensure appropriate cost structures.
- Participate in the projects, manage teams and resources, and resolve issues.
- Participate in supervising, mentoring, and development of staff.
- Collaborate with IT experts to develop innovative and/or customized technical solutions
- Collaborate with other Public Health portfolio leads around business development and solution development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health sciences or related field, masters preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a service delivery consulting environment supporting Federal health clients, preferably NIH.
- 8 years' experience in the overseeing a project management team
- 8 years' experience in services requiring health information services, communications, management consulting, and/or IT solutions management
- Ability to prepare project plans, cost, schedule and performance metrics utilizing industry standard project management processes and frameworks (e.g., PMI)
- Ability to develop opportunities, staff project teams, oversee work for clients
- Ability to manage client expectations and produce products that demonstrate results and achieve a high-level of customer service
- The candidate will also conduct briefings, prepare talking points, status reports, and presentations, respond to senior management, and perform other associated duties as required.
- Experience in working effectively with stakeholders in public health and information services.
- Ability to lead a diverse program management team, providing coaching and mentoring to senior and junior staff.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience developing and implementing new, innovative solutions against client needs.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Success leading/championing projects.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and build upon strong client relationships.
- Proven leadership ability in a complex Federal environment.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)