Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start, Grantee Specialist Region 10 (Remote) **Relo Assistance**
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Home Based in Region X (AK, ID, OR and WA)
At ICF, we support educators working with people of all ages. From early childhood and Head Start through university studies to vocational and workforce training, ICF professionals help clients across the globe proactively respond too many of the important challenges facing education today.
ICF seeks a Head Start Grantee Specialist with expertise in fiscal operations, and a strong working knowledge of administration, planning and management systems to provide high quality technical assistance that improves the capacity of Head Start and Early Head Start programs to meet or exceed the Head Start Performance Standards and applicable Federal regulations. The Grantee Specialist will provide onsite and virtual consultation to grantees, governing bodies, directors and program managers to correct deficiencies and non-compliances identified through the national monitoring system and provide planning and management technical assistance to support continuous quality improvement.
This position is home-based in one of the Region X states and will involve extensive travel up to 50% of the time to programs within the states identified as the Federal Region X.
- Act as a change agent in fiscal, administrative, and management areas, incorporating activities that include governing body and policy group involvement in the development/revision of activities for long-term improvements.
- Work with leaders within an organization to plan and assist in the implementation of changes that resolve deficiencies and non-compliances.
- Plan and implement strategic interventions with grantees that have been designated deficient or have been found to be out of compliance through the OHS federal monitoring process.
- Work with Federal Regional staff in developing strategies for grantee intervention and plan outcomes that address problem areas for all affected grantees.
- Coordinate with other Grantee Specialist and Early Childhood Education staff to identify ways to address administrative and program improvements in a coordinated, comprehensive and holistic manner.
- Review, interpret and utilize a broad array of data to identify trends, and assist each assigned grantee to use the information to establish objectives for change and identify steps and processes needed for implementation.
- Analyze existing grantee structure, functions and capacity and propose a redesign of structure(s), functions and systems that support quality program operations.
- Recommend ways to improve overall grantee operations, including the development of operations manuals, internal procedures such as audit resolution processes, and identification of appropriate management and administrative procedures to strengthen grantee management practices.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Program Design and Management, Business Management, Accounting, Public or Non-Profit Administration, or Project Management (with fiscal emphasis) or related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance required, specifically on issues pertaining to governance, fiscal management systems and administrative issues within Head Start.
- Knowledge of management and related issues and demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge.
- Experience providing training at State, Regional, or National Meetings and technical assistance to individual organizations.
- Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, as well as other relevant/appropriate Federal requirements and regulations is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Master’s Degree in a field related to Program Design and Management, Business Management, Accounting, Public or Non-Profit Administration, or Project Management (with fiscal emphasis) or related field.
- Experience in a position within a Head Start program or early learning program.
- Knowledge and experience performing program design management and fiscal management preferred.
- Substantial fiscal expertise in areas of budgeting, multiple funding sources, HS circulars, cost principles, HS audits, and the fiscal role of the governing body.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of groups including governing bodies, staff, community leaders, and Head Start policy groups (policy councils and committees).
- Ability to complete detailed paperwork in timely manner.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Colorado Remote Office (CO99)