Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Public Assistance Specialist (On-Call)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Our highly skilled experts protect lives, communities and businesses in both the private and public sectors. We do that with innovative services that combine decades of front-line disaster experience with out-of-the-box thinking, to generate the best outcome for our clients. As the threat of disruption from both man-made and natural disasters increases, our solutions have never been in greater demand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish partnerships with FEMA, State and applicant
- Provide program oversight and expert technical assistance on recovery planning and community development related policies, principles, and procedures
- Conduct site visits representing the state/local agency or as a member of a negotiation team
- Coordinate with FEMA and State Environmental agencies on all environmental issues and historic guidance
- Independently perform technical work of a high degree of difficulty requiring the exercise of originality, initiative, and practical judgment in the application and adaptation of standardized engineering techniques and methods
- Perform technical services functions and provides advice in the management of long-term community recovery components such as; disaster damage and impact assessments teams, and long-term community recovery operations within the disaster field offices, regional offices and public assistance closeout offices
- Analyze and evaluate selected project applications, supporting documentation, and federal agency inspection reports for accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 8+ years of experience as a FEMA, State or Local Public Assistance Officer
Knowledge and Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- Demonstrated experience with Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, Public Assistance and its implementing regulations
- Knowledge and experience with engineering principles and practices as they relate to PA programs
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems
- Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders-
- Proficient computer skills: (including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Professional)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)