Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring, and Evaluation Expert - Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Health and Development
Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring, and Evaluation Expert
ICF’s International Health and Development team seeks a Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring, and Evaluation (SME) Expert to support ICF’s malaria portfolio activities under MEASURE Evaluation, the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) technical assistance project for global health programs (http://www.cpc.unc.edu/measure). The malaria portfolio focuses on the SME of malaria treatment and prevention programs in the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) supported countries. The Malaria SME Expert will be based in Rockville, Maryland, USA.
The malaria SME specialist will provide technical leadership in malaria SME to the project and will provide technical assistance to PMI-supported countries in sub-Sahara Africa. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support in malaria SME to national malaria control programs
- Contributing to malaria SME capacity building efforts for national malaria control programs
- Contributing to generating evidence to inform malaria SME at the global, regional, national and subnational levels
- Providing technical leadership through participation in global forums, research, and support to countries and implementing partners
- Managing project activities, including coordinating activities, developing budgets, and providing technical oversight
- Managing client (including USAID) relationships
- Mentoring and managing junior and mid-level staff members.
- Contributing technical expertise to other projects and business development efforts as needed.
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g. epidemiology, public health) or MD with significant experience in a relevant field including epidemiology, public health, or international health.
- At least five years of experience providing SME technical support for infectious disease programs, preferably malaria, in endemic countries
- Proficiency in malaria epidemiology and SME.
- Good understanding of the global technical strategy for malaria, including the elimination agenda
- Good understanding of health data, specifically routine health information systems
- Experience in addressing data quality issues related to routine health information data
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting routine data
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluation and assessment of health interventions.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and good knowledge of at least one statistical package (SPSS, R, STATA, SAS)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing teams from diverse backgrounds and varying locations
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25-30% of time.
- Knowledge of the DHIS 2 platform
- Experience in project management
- Excellent French oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in working with national malaria control programs, USAID-related projects, PMI
- Good track record in peer–reviewed publications.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)