Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Early Childhood Specialist Region IV (Remote)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
This position is home-based within Region IV and will involve extensive travel up to 50% travel to states within Region IV (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN)
At ICF, we support educators working with people of all ages. From early childhood and Head Start through university studies to vocational and workforce training, ICF professionals help clients across the globe proactively respond too many of the important challenges facing education today.
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood (EC) Specialist to support Head Start and Early Head Start programs to ensure high quality Head Start and Early Head Start services in accordance with federal regulations. The Early Childhood Specialist will provide training and technical assistance (TTA) to programs to support progress toward established school readiness goals, focusing on the use of child and program data to make decisions about approaches to working with teachers, home visitors, and parents in quality practices. The Specialist will provide professional-level expertise by engaging programs in dialogue and learning of best practices for children from birth to five and encourage a culture of learning that promotes school readiness.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (18 ECE credits are required, transcripts will be requested), and ten years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the field of early childhood education.
- 5+ years of experience offering training and technical assistance within early care and education.
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices and research based early childhood quality methods and approaches.
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to support its use in school readiness goals.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience working within a Head Start Program.
- Family engagement
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
I CF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Alabama Remote Office (AL99)