Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
At ICF Next, we change lives, strengthen communities, stretch minds and shape history. We’re devoted to finding better ways to innovate solutions for a healthier planet, improving the quality of life worldwide, driving business value, discovering answers for complex issues, and to learn and grow. What we do matters and that inspires us each and every day. We are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
About the team
When influential brands need a step change, they come to us – from creating and communicating a new three-year strategy for BMW, to launching TSB as a challenger brand on the high street and engaging SAP’s C-suite clients with new technical innovations, we build long-lasting, collaborative client relationships, working across every major sector with iconic names to create unforgettable brand experiences. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work on maintaining and growing some of our key accounts across multiple sectors.
What you’ll do
- Drive forward’s ICF’s Next’s proposition message
- Manage assigned accounts, owning the relationship and drive new business opportunities with them
- Nurture new client prospects
- Ensure sales and gross margin targets are met
- Stay informed of developments in the field of brand, communications, marketing, research, social marketing and new media
- Work alongside the Client Services and Strategy functions to embed intelligence, insight and creativity at the forefront of everything we do
- Develop collaborative and effective ways of working with clients at a C-Suite level and apply our tried and tested method to win work, deliver results and encourage repeat business
What you’ll need
- You should have between 8-10 years’ experience in strategic account management, preferably gained in the creative/communications sector
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with good experience working at the C-suite level
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to excite and delight clients with our offering, our work and our thinking
- Strong commercial sense, comfortable with working to sales and margin targets
- Experienced in with engaging with clients to learn about their business and manage relationships.
London - Timber Yard (GB76)