Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Industry Sector Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are seeking individuals for positions coordinating government-industry teams focused on Oil & Natural Gas and/or Electricity initiatives. Work includes supporting and managing integrated government–industry teams in research, fact finding and analysis of energy sector policies and infrastructure, and identifying and meeting agreed goals. You will be working on client site in Washington, DC.
What you will do:
- Provide and coordinate briefs, including, analysis, writing, presentations, and reporting on specific technical or operational issues related to petroleum, natural gas and electricity infrastructure
- Organize calls, track milestones and priorities, develop relationships with the day-to-day support for the CEOs and with the trade associations, etc.
- Engage with industry and working group stakeholders to execute projects through coordination
- Plan and organize meetings and work closely with government clients and Industry stakeholders
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years work experience
- Strong research, writing skills, and attention to detail
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance
What we would like:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating diverse parties to achieve shared goals
- Previous meeting planning experience
- Knowledge of either petroleum and natural gas, or electricity infrastructure and systems, including infrastructure interdependencies
- Consulting experience working on government contracts
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, FERC, or DHS
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with clients and industry
- Ensures that information flows effectively to others
- Identifies and collects the information needed to solve a problem effectively
- Organizes tasks and effectively prioritizes work
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
- Cooperates with others and values diversity
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)