Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
CDT Installer/Troubleshooter (SME III)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Candidatewill coordinate with SPAWAR and travel to conduct pre-install, review planning yard Red Line drawings, identify optimal TAP placement on both CANES and COMPOSE afloat Networks. Assist SPAWAR with Install CDT and configure/tune to each platforms unique IP space, troubleshoot, and maintain the Cyber Defense Tool Kit (CDT) deployer collection system and systems configurations (hardware and software) to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability. CONTRACTOR will administer physical and virtual Linux & UNIX servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7 (RHEL5/6/7), SUSE Linux and Enterprise Server 11/12 (SLES11/12). Consults on system applications and provides remote CDT troubleshooting to deployed DCO teams as required. Successful candidate will become a CDT Subject Matter Expert and specifically must have expert knowledge CDT HW/SW as required below.
- Active security clearance required.
- 15+ years IT experience
- 7 years of experience as a Linux/Unix System Administrator on systems running RHEL and SLES in an enterprise level environment.
- 7 years of experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or SUSE Linux.
- 5 years of experience administering Solaris 10/11 with zones.
- 3 years of experience with VMware administration.
- Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Solaris and Linux based complex solutions
- Proficiency with Xubuntu (Security Onion)
- Proficiency with SUSE Linux and RedHat Linux
- Subject matter expertise in the deployment and implementation of operating systems and application software
- Application support for various systems tools and utilities
- Inventory and configuration control for CND specific systems, including portable computers, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) servers, and Database Servers
- Provide hardware configuration and maintenance support for CDT specific HW/SW
- Demonstrated proficiency in shell scripting or Perl.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Linux (RHEL and/or SUSE) vulnerability management and remediation.
- Expert knowledge and expertise in the use and application of DISA STIGs.
- Ability to work in team setting, as well as independently.
- Self-starter: identify issues and create action plan for resolution.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must hold a valid Passport
Professional Certifications Required:
- DoD Approved Baseline certification
- Provide SME level support for Linux/Unix system administration on Red Hat, SUSE, and Solaris.
- Maintain systems patches.
- Maintain systems security posture via the implementation of Secure Technical Implementation Guides.
- Improve system administration productivity by authoring relevant shell scripts.
- Review current shell scripts for improvement and additional capability.
- Provide timely reports on projects status and other systems administration work, as required.
- May require up to 15 weeks of travel throughout a given year.
- May require work on weekends to meet operational deadlines
Virginia Client Office (VA88)