Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Senior Program Manager to lead operations and implementation support within the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) office of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This office now includes the missions and functions of the former Domestic Nuclear Detection Office and Office of Health Affairs, more specifically the BioWatch program.
With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, CWMD requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy.
The person selected for this position will need to have knowledge and experience in WMD threat detection operations, associated protocols and technologies, and related policy, planning, training, and/or exercise support. That person must also possess strong program management and contract administration skills. An active high-level clearance is required.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the defense of the Nation.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate collaboration among federal agencies and with state and local governments to ensure unity of effort and a whole of nation approach to countering weapons of mass destruction
- Support the development, implementation, training, and exercising of CWMD concepts of operations (CONOPS) and operations plans (OPLANS)
- Provide overarching program and project management, to include development of program and project plans (strategic, tactical, and operational) for key program activities; develop and implement performance metrics; and support the budget/execution/acquisition lifecycle
- Manage all contractor and sub-contractor performance of contract requirements
- Interact and maintain collaborative relationships with major stakeholders (e.g., DHS components, government labs, academia, and industry.
- Support development of internal and external briefings, reports, and other communications
- Oversee execution of strategic priorities, workflow schedules, and tracking progress to ensure completion of tasks the multiple simultaneous projects.
- Lead teams of engineers, scientists, technical experts, and program management professionals that analyze, design, develop, integrate, train, test, document, implement, and maintain CWMD detection technologies
- Assist in the oversight of existing and potential new technical projects, including the identification of risks and formulating mitigation strategies.
- Assist in overall management of medical support
- Oversee professional development, feedback and mentoring of staff
What you need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a recognized engineering, scientific, technical, or related discipline
- Ability to obtain high-level clearance and DHS suitability clearance
- 15+ years of relevant experience in program management to include 8+ years of experience in operations related to WMD
- Ability to manage and coordinate diverse technical teams with multiple subcontractors
- Experience directing and conducting program technical reviews with government clients
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relations.
- Experience working with senior governments officials
- Experience working in a fast-paced, analytical environment
- Active high-level clearance
- Knowledge and experience in CBRN material as well as an understanding of the hazards associated with their manufacture, transport and use
- Knowledge of Secure the Cities, BioWatch, and/or other major WMD detection programs
- Experience in exercise development and execution
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)