Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Become part of a leading industry company shaping the future of cyber security training. ICF encompasses a large global footprint for cyber training delivery with a top-notch edge in technology.
ICF is looking for a Cloud Engineer to build a cutting-edge security automation and orchestrate products for deployment in AWS cloud. You will work alongside our security operations to optimize products for rapid deployment. In addition, there is a cyber component in this position to work with clients for optimization and customization.
- Responsible for all operations and maintenance for IT security devices, the creation of technically detailed reports on, device status, change management, and hardware/software upgrades, and maintains project plans
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Develop, test, deploy, and optimize security solutions
- Configure and manage AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, Cloudfront, RDS, Route 53, IAM, Cloudtrail, etc.
- Deploy automation using CloudFormation, Sparkle, CodeDeploy, etc
- Configure automation using Puppet, Chef, etc
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity and analyze vulnerability reports and apply appropriate patches and STIGs.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a variety of client issues
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations
- Candidate must be able to obtain, and maintain, the proper clearance required for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years relevant work experience
- 2+ years working with Elastic, Kibana, and Logstash, Splunk, in AWS architecture, configuration, and management (AWS Certification preferred)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible, Shell scripting and interpreted languages such as Ruby or Python, AWS automation tools such as CloudFormation, Sparkle, Terraform
- Experience with Networking, Firewalls, HBSS, ACAS and IDS background
- Configure and manage SQL DB - especially MSSQL and MySQL running on AWS RDS
- Understand security data and controls
- Knowledge of the following:
- Linux distros: deployment, management, and security
- Current threats and trends in the Information Security and Technology Field
- Linux/UNIX and Windows OS Security
- 3+ years of operations background, including work prioritization, planning and cybersecurity
- Experience using network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, ELK, Splunk and other host or network-based intrusion detection systems and tools
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment
Professional Skills/Required Skills:
- Analytical skills, strong self-motivation, detail-oriented and data driven, with a drive for meeting our commitments to the DoD customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)