Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Education Researcher & Evaluator
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks an Education Research Associate or Senior Associate to work within our Child Welfare and Education Group. This group provides federal, state, and nonprofit clients with a wide range of technical assistance, research and evaluation services. Our work focuses on important education policy issues; uses proven and innovative methods for delivering high-quality, timely technical assistance; seeks to inform education stakeholders of best practices; and involves working closely with clients to evaluate their programs and initiatives.
As an Education Research Associate, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience to a variety of projects related to various education and training areas. You will be heavily involved in the planning and conduct of research and evaluation, writing reports, data synthesis and analysis, instrument development and other tasks as required. Candidates must be able to manage projects that include multiple tasks with competing deadlines, be versed in research/evaluation strategies, methodologies and analytic approaches, maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues, and play an integral role in proposal development.
- The Education Research Associate is responsible for working with teams of other researchers in the technical development, implementation, review, analysis, and reporting of extant data as well as primary data collected through surveys, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, on-site visits, and observations. Key project tasks may include:
- Working on research and evaluation projects for federal and state agencies, especially the U.S. Department of Education Contributing to the development and implementation of research and evaluation plans that include various designs and mixed methods
- Developing reports to present findings from a range of quantitative and qualitative analytic approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, public administration, or related subjects. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with a range of research or evaluation methodologies and analytic approaches
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing and analyzing quantitative data
- Experience with data collection (for example administering surveys and conducting interviews, focus groups, or structured observations)
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality written products
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Federal or state government programs
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Familiarity with U.S. K-12 education
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and lead tasks.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tack and diplomacy.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)