Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Information Assurance Support Officer and System Administrator
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The candidate will function as the primary Systems Administrator for laboratory systems. The IASO/SA will also provide the Information Assurance Manager’s (IAM) office with support and guidance through established Department of Defense (DoD) and Army policies and well as organizational policies.
- Keep lab systems up to date and compliant with all IA requirements (Antivirus, IAVA and patching compliance, DISA STIGs, etc)
- Assist the IAM office in ensuring initial and annual Cyber Security Challenge training is completed for users
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, and SOPs concerning system security
- Ensure log files and audits are maintained and reviewed for all systems and that authentication (for example, password) policies are audited for compliance
- Report Security Violations to the IAM office and work through any mitigating tasks as needed
- Ensure that all ISs within their area of responsibility are certified, accredited and reaccredited
- Work with end users and the IAM office to have software procured by end users added to the CA Catalog to facilitate installation to end user’s systems
- Perform risk analysis for branch-wide software requests
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide quality customer service
- 3 years' relevant IASO/SA experience
- DoD Security clearance
- DoD 8570 compliant (minimum IAT-II) by obtaining/maintaining required certifications prior to start
- Experience with vulnerability patching
- Experience configuring systems according to the DISA STIGs
- Ability to develop and execute detailed written plans for complex software and hardware implementations.
- Understanding of DoD and Army IA policies, guidance, and best practices
- Working knowledge of system administration, patch management, etc.
- Competent understanding of network architecture
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Apple and UNIX operating systems
- Ability to develop effective written procedures and SOPs to guide daily operations.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products for creating documents using Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience supporting and configuring network infrastructure in accordance with DOD policies and procedures
- Customer friendly
- Able to multi-task
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and problem solving skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)