Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Urban Development Technical Director
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Title: Urban Development Technical Director
About the team
Our International Consulting (IC) division works with international aid agencies and other financing organisations (DFID, the EU, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank etc.) as implementing partner in policy dialogue, technical cooperation and assistance bringing expertise that matters to achieve Sustainable Development Goals in the area of urban development, disaster and climate resilience, energy and clean energy transition. Our team in based in London, Brussels, Delhi and Beijing.
About the role
We are offering a leadership role to grow ICF International Development business, serving bilateral and multilateral agencies to implement city and regional development initiatives, addressing global themes in climate, environment, sustainability, social and gender inclusion and with use of innovative technologies. This is a client and market oriented senior position, reporting directly to the Head of International Development Line of Business, with prime responsibility for leading the ICF growth strategy in urban development and the management of the urban portfolio of ICF programmes.
You will require strong leadership skills and business development acumen, underpinned by a track record in work-winning to date. You’ll also have excellent knowledge of development agencies’ initiatives and priorities gained through a mix of business development and project delivery experience. rban and regional economic analysis and planning.
At ICF you will be:
Lead a business development strategy and initiatives to growth ICF portfolio in urban development
Win, implement and manage urban and regional development projects for a range of clients, specifically bilateral and multilateral donors and their government partners
Develop expertise and intellectual property within the company on urban and city development topics and issues
Support mid-level and junior consultants with guidance and supervision of their outputs
- Experience in a senior management position, responsible for delivering results
- Demonstrated track record in successfully leading capture and strategic business development initiatives funded by the UK government (e.g. DFID, FCO) and other development agencies, notably the European Commission, Asian Development Bank and the World Bank
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Development, Management, Engineering, or another related field
- Strong experience of successfully delivering urban/regional/built environment development projects for clients
- Significant field experience working on urban development projects in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa
- Substantial technical expertise in the disciplines making up urban/city development
- Experience in capacity building and training in technical areas is desirable.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
London Cannon (GB73)