Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Urban Development Consultant
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job Title Urban Development Consultant
About the team
The ICF International Consulting division within ICF’s Europe & Asia Group works for international aid agencies, such as the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), EuropeAid and other financing organisations such as the World Bank and Asian Development Bank. The division carries out international development programmes and projects that promote inclusive economic growth, prosperity and resilient urban development, alleviate poverty, and support clean energy, a sustainable environment and social needs. Our team in based in London, Brussels, Delhi and Beijing.
About the role
We are looking for a Consultant in Urban Development to join our established and expanding International Development division in London. As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity from day one to contribute to a diverse range of proposals and projects for clients throughout the world. You will be a part of our growing and collegial team of like-minded urban development specialists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to help address complex urban challenges for our clients. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Crucially you will be:
- Identifying and contributing to business development and marketing opportunities
- Winning and managing urban development projects for a range of clients
- Managing projects and programmes, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time, and budget conditions
- Supporting more junior consultants and researchers with guidance and supervision of their outputs
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Business development and marketing experience
- Experience in project management in the context of international development
- Technical expertise in the disciplines making up urban/city development
- Experience in capacity building and training in the technical areas is desirable.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
London Cannon (GB73)