Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Airport Finance and Strategy Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Dream Big. Join ICF. http://www.icf.com/
Do you want to help make air travel a more satisfying and rewarding experience? How about working with senior executives of major airports to create a strategy to develop the next generation of airport terminals and increase the variety and frequency of airline services from your local airport?
ICF IS DOING JUST THAT! In the last year, we have:
- Developed long-term passenger demand forecasts to help determine the sizing requirements for new terminals at an airport in New York City, taking into account airline strategy and airport slot constraints;
- Evaluated the commercial space (restaurants, retail, etc.) of an airport in the Caribbean to determine opportunities for revenue-enhancing improvements and developed a non-aeronautical revenue forecast;
- Conducted strategic analysis of new international route opportunities, including route-level traffic forecasts, as part of ICF’s air service development support for a major hub airport in the Southeast; and
- Worked with senior management to develop strategic priorities for a major international airport, including improved airport access and passenger experience
Within the aviation team, our Airports Practice provides major airport clients worldwide with a comprehensive range of services including market analysis and demand forecasting; economic analysis for new routes; strategy, business planning and management organization; privatization and transaction advisory; commercial planning and revenue optimization; and passenger experience enhancement. Our high-impact work contributes to the continued development and improvement of critical air transport infrastructure around the world.
Our staff includes former airline and airport executives, maintenance and operations specialists, financial analysts, and other aviation experts offering highly specialized skills in aviation fundamentals. The depth of our experience includes thousands of client engagements and a 50-year track record.
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within the Airports Practice. You will be primarily responsible for leading tasks and managing projects to deliver solutions to identified client problems using a variety of analytical techniques and interactive client consulting.
We need smart, energetic, team-oriented people who can apply their data analytic and problem solving skills to address the key strategic challenges of aviation and in particular US airports.
- Participate as a member of a consulting team on client projects
- Structure and manage assignments, including outlining and drafting key deliverables, defining analyses, directing teams of analysts and associates, and taking responsibility for preparing client-ready final work product
- Work closely with vice presidents and principals to support new business development initiatives and identify opportunities to enhance existing client relationships
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with manager counterparts at client organizations
- Support corporate growth initiatives, such as the development of intellectual capital, white papers, or marketing materials
What are we looking for?
- Graduates of top-tier colleges with degrees in economics, finance, engineering, business or policy.
- Course work or internship experience in transportation (aviation or rail), destination marketing, retail, public finance, or related fields
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access) and exposure to quantitative model development
- Demonstrated communication skills including text, visual and oral
- Experience creating financial models
- Ability and willingness to travel for work as necessary
- Data analytics tools
- Fluency with finance fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Ability to develop complex business plan and other forecasting models for commercial sales, revenues and related costs.
- Ability to analyze multiple sources of data to determine common themes.
- Ability to simplify complex financial information into client friendly reports.
- Excellence in report writing based on explaining complex financial concepts in a simplified manner.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising on quality or accuracy.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Cambridge, MA (MA11)