Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mid-Level Specialist - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s agile Housing and Community Development Engine is powered by an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bring the strength of past performance and an integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
ICF seeks experienced community development professionals to work within the Housing and Community Development Group (HCD) supporting post-disaster economic recovery efforts. Successful applicants should have 3-5 years’ experience with Community Development Block Grant- Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) housing programs and/or policy. You will work onsite with senior staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster recovery efforts, focusing on housing recovery and overall policy development and implementation. Responsibilities may also include a range of program support and operations activities, such as: reviewing all aspects of housing repair and construction activities; providing clients with guidance on housing program policy and construction activities such as change orders; developing written materials; monitoring projects for compliance with federal and state regulations; developing technical documents; providing training and technical assistance to staff and client subrecipients; and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services.
Disaster recovery requires the ability to think on one’s feet and adjust to an ever-changing environment.
- Work as part of a team providing expert services to support CDBG-DR disaster recovery efforts.
- Work with ICF subject matter experts to communicate the Federal regulations that apply to natural disaster recovery to target audiences.
- Prepare applications for federal funds.
- Assist clients with recommendations for annual funding allocations.
- Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
- Assist in processing, developing and renewing policies including changes and updates as published in the Department of Housing and Urban Development Federal Register Notices.
- Monitor projects/contracts for compliance with all federal, CDBG-DR, state and program regulations.
- Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
- Lead and manage the timely and accurate delivery of technical documents to meet contract deliverables and deadlines.
- Develop and/or deliver training and technical assistance on CDBG-DR topics that may be identified in the course of program design and implementation.
- Help implement CDBG-DR funded programs.
- Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products.
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
- Work with ICF leadership to help implement Federally funded natural disaster recovery programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Interest in affordable housing, community development, and disaster recovery programs.
- Previous experience in housing and community development.
- Previous experience in natural disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of Federal disaster recovery programs and policies (CDBG, CDBG-DR, Cross Cutting Federal Requirements etc.).
- Knowledge of construction practices.
- Experience working in a public agency, consulting firm, or non-profit organization.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Self-starter dedicated to providing quality work in timely manner.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities /Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)