Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Economic Recovery Specialist - Disaster Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s agile Housing and Community Development Engine is powered by an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bring the strength of past performance and an integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
ICF seeks an experienced economic development professional to work within the Housing and Community Development Group (HCD) supporting post-disaster economic recovery efforts. Successful applicants should have 3-5 years’ experience with economic development and/or small business lending and preferably two years of Community Development Block Grant- Disaster Recovery economic development program experience. A Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) is highly desirable but not required. You will work onsite with senior staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster recovery efforts, focusing on economic recovery and revitalization. Responsibilities may also include developing written materials, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services.
Disaster recovery requires the ability to think on one’s feet and adjust to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to coordinate large project portfolios.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving and change management skills in complex organizations.
- Work as part of a team providing expert services to support economic development and small business disaster recovery efforts.
- Provide recommendations on annual economic development funding allocations.
- Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
- Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
- Work with staff to set up systems, be available to interpret and apply the regulations within the context of these systems.
- Provide training and technical assistance in the field of economic development, and/or community development.
- Help implement CDBG-DR funded programs.
- Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products.
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, Economic Development, Business or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years direct experience in economic development and/or community development- Solid knowledge of how economic and community development programs are implemented at the state and local level.
- Project and personnel management skills.
- Master's degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, Economic Development, Business or a related discipline.
- 2 years of direct experience with Community Development Block Grant and/or Community Development Block Grant - Disaster recovery experience.
-Certified Economic Developer
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies.
- Business development, sales, fundraising, and/or proposal experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities /Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)