Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Purchasing Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job description: Senior Purchasing Specialist
Location: New Delhi
ICF is searching for team-oriented Senior purchasing specialist to join our Procurement team ! Our team is growing and need your talent! We are looking for individuals with experience working within a government contract environment. We need team members with great communication skills and a strong work ethic, who thrive in a fast-paced organization. You will work at our New Delhi office.
- Execute the entire procurement process to ensure adherence to approved purchasing system policy and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and government rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of formal requests for quote or proposal; reviews specifications and evaluates bids received.
- Locate and help approve suppliers and or partners, using sources such as catalogues, internet, small business initiatives, and interviews to gather information about products and services that match requisition requirements.
- Responsible for vendor development to include communication with sales representatives; updating and maintaining list of approved vendors for bidding purposes; obtaining samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and conferring with end users.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Ensure vendor agreements, Task Orders, and appropriate Terms and Conditions are utilized.
- Negotiate price and terms of Purchase Orders with prospective vendors and suppliers.
- The preparation and negotiation of sales-related agreements e.g. non-disclosure agreements, licence agreements, agencies, teaming agreements.
- The effective management of vendor claims and variations.
- The provision of assistance in the resolution of commercial disputes with vendors.
- The provision of advice to staff within the business on a wide range of vendor issues including but not limited to, the management and protection of intellectual property, contractual liability, conflict of interest, business ethics and data protection matters.
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures for managing vendors, including Maconomy P2P system
- Regularly update data on ICF’s internal document storage systems.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field
- At least 5 years of Procurement experience.
- Knowledge of Indian and English Contract Law.
- MS Word and MS Power Point skills.
- Experience in procurement within a government contracting environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of Deltek/Maconomy requirements
- Knowledge of procurement of IT related products and services
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- A working knowledge of Government Procurement processes.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel including overseas
- Excellent written and organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to act with a substantial degree of independence within delegated limits.
- The ability to manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards.
- The ability to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
The ability to show discretion and work with sensitive and confidential information.
New Delhi, India (II70)