Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Cyber Analytics Sr. Systems Engineer
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through the implementation of effective Cyber Security solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
We’re looking for a Cyber Analytics Sr. System Engineer with the experience and the ability to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of a cyber analytics platform. This individual will oversee several engineering teams. These teams will manage various cloud environments as well as instances Big Data analytics platforms. In this role, you will also manage daily operations and maintenance tasks as needed to include, but not limited to performance monitoring and tuning as well as leading root cause analysis. In this role, you will regularly report ongoing activities and issues to the project’s Program Manager.
* Develop a System Migration and Cutover Plans and manage implementation and roll-out of new technologies and innovations.
* Oversee cloud infrastructure design and develop detailed architecture models for the client to host test, development, and production environments.
* Developing an end to end process to manage a Big Data Cyber Defense Solution, which will include refining the Standard Operating Procedures, data retention management, policy, and procedures
* Actively participate, advise, and present to cross-department project teams and at leadership team meetings.
* Understand software development and Agile best practices as it relates to work coordination, acceptance criteria, and deployment management.
* Systematically reviews all existing processes and procedures and implement innovative changes to meet and exceed service level agreements.
* Accomplishes department objectives by leading staff; organizing and monitoring work process.
* U.S. Citizenship a current and active DOD clearance
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Data Science or equivalent experience
* 10+ years’ experience managing telecommunications projects
* 5+ years’ experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Accumulo, HBase or Elasticsearch
* 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps environment involving Linux-based systems
* 5+ years’ experience on DoD networks
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other relevant Cybersecurity certifications
* Knowledge and experience in Hadoop, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Pig, Apache Spark, Kibana, Elastic Search, or other analytic development tools
* Familiarity with systems administration and containerization strategies
* Strong understanding infrastructure management and configuration automation
* Experience with a Configuration Management Automation tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
* Experience with change control policy and procedures and an understanding of DOD information assurance policy and regulations
Professional Skills/Required Skills:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Leadership skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)