Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Transportation Economic Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is looking for a detail-oriented Transportation Economist with strong quantitative and writing skills to join us in expanding our business and working with current and future clients.
The position is located in Fairfax, VA
About the team:
The Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services line of business supports public- and private-sector clients in the full range of economic and policy activities. We estimate costs and benefits of regulations, policies, and programs. We also evaluate program effectiveness. We work with virtually all federal agencies; key clients include the Department of Transportation, Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, and Environmental Protection Agency, as well as state and local agencies, and private-sector clients.
- Participate in short- and long-term projects for federal and state government clients who develop and implement policies and regulations affecting transportation (e.g., surface, aviation, pipeline).
- Create written documents that convey key analytic findings for distribution to internal and external clients.
- Transportation focused.
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics, or related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in transportation sector.
- 3+ years of experience in cost-benefit analysis, program evaluation, data analytics, or other quantitative analysis.
- Experience in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- 3+ years of experience managing databases or conducting analysis using one or more of the following: R, SAS, machine learning, or other transportation tools/methods, such as the Highway Economic Requirements System (HERS), National Bridge Investment Analysis System (NBIAS), United States Applied General Equilibrium (USAGE), Highway Revenue Forecasting Model (HRFM), and/or Transit Economics Requirements Model (TERM).
- U.S. citizenship.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated professionalism and customer service orientation.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)