Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager-Construction Manager/Utilities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
For over two decades, DMS has been assisting public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources. DMS has now joined ICF and together we’re making BIG things possible!
We’re excited to hire a PM for Construction Management to support our long-term utility client PSEG. The PM will manage projects to perform mitigation work on the distribution system as part of the PSEGLI (Project FEMA). This position will be located on Long Island, NY and will require some travel to site locations. The PMO is located in Melville, NY. If this sounds interesting, please apply today!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support multiple projects related to Electric Utility Transmission /Distribution-The transmission system projects may include new, rebuild and reconductor both overhead and underground distribution lines and associated equipment
- Manage all phases of the Construction projects including initial planning and development through each project phase of engineering and design, resource management, installation, start-up and the final turnover to operations
- Build a trusted partner relationship with our PSEG client and other partners to ensure effective and timely results against project plans and deliverables
- Follow client policies, procedures and project control requirements to plan, organize, monitor, control and report project status and ensure financial/operating costs are within budget
- Analyze the data from the project control system to determine trends and to develop forecasts, prepare and implement recovery plans and alternative strategies for risk mitigation to assure overall success of the project
- Identify and monitor events/risks that could impact the project and to incorporate mitigation plans into the project scope, schedule and budget
- Prepare monthly project status reports and provide regular updates directly to the client
- Serve as the point of contact with the client and partners on contractual matters
- Manage project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate
- Represent the client in meetings with State and Federal Agencies, the General Public and Public Officials and Planning/Zoning Boards and other Regulatory bodies, including testimony, as required, to gain necessary project approvals
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Knowledge and Experience You’ll Need To Have:
- BS in Engineering, Science, Business or Construction related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of utility engineering, construction, operations project management experience including. Experience with Electric Transmission Distribution and Substation and Distribution is required
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Demonstrated project management experience in the Electric Industry, Construction Management or Heavy Construction Industry and 3+ years facilities improvement project experience
- Demonstrated success managing complex multi-disciplined projects simultaneously. Experience managing projects ranging from $500k-$10M+ is required
- Working knowledge and understanding of project scope development, engineering, licensing, permitting, procurement, installation, testing, etc.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of SAP (Cost Tracking Module), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel), and Primavera is preferred
- Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Unit Agreements-IBEW preferred
- Understanding of NYISO rules for the scheduling of Transmission Outages and the NEPCC auditing requirement
- P.E. License preferred.
- This position requires driving to locations within Long Island. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driver history.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
New York Client Office (NY88)