Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for planning and overseeing the implementation of several small and large scale digital projects, including CRM and loyalty program features and enhancements, and multiple digital properties across a variety of clients. The Project Manager will ultimately be responsible for day to day management of resources, change requests and new feature implementation across a number of projects leveraging the skills of cross-functional teams within ICF Olson.
- A planner, distilling complex business requirements into elegant project plans
- A collaborator, working with several cross functional teams to maintain existing projects, programs, reporting, change requests, and maintenance
- A digital native, leveraging a working understanding of front and back end technologies in order to estimate work efforts and collaborate with technical teams
- An analyzer, measuring project performance and responding quickly to diagnose and correct any project related issues
- An effective communicator, managing resources across dedicated as well as shared resource pools
- Client friendly, ensuring client needs are satisfied, status documents are updated, and meeting minutes are thorough
- Financially minded, reporting project financial health to internal management as well as senior client stakeholders
- Goal oriented, always knowing what the next milestone is, and doing what it takes to deliver
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Scheduling: Working with internal and client teams to fully understand and map out project tasks, durations, and milestones; maintaining and adjusting the schedule as needed and reporting on project progress
- Estimation: Gathering task estimates from various team members for agreed upon deliverables, reviewing detailed numbers, and ensuring all work required has been accounted for
- Resourcing: Planning resource needs for the lifecycle of your projects, and negotiating for resource time with other offices and other project managers as needed
- Reporting: measuring project financial metrics and reporting to management and client stakeholders
- Facilitation: Conducting efficient meetings, and ensuring detailed agendas and meeting minutes are distributed to all parties
- Collaboration: Working closely with client/team to understand project objectives, scope, timing, and budget
- Communication: Effective and detailed communication in person, via phone, email, etc.
- Presentation: Walking through key project deliverables, schedules, and estimates with project stakeholders as needed
- Status Management: Updating all project team members and clients on the status of project activities, risks, and identified issues
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for a Project Manager position will possess the following competencies:
- 3+ years of production and project management experience, from an interactive agency or technical firm managing small, medium and large-scale digital projects simultaneously
- Past experience leading large web development projects: defining and communicating functional requirements, managing resources, leading cross-functional teams and managing on-time implementation for a major brand
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, generate detailed timelines/schedules, SOWs, manage budgets, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings
- Ability to work in a collaborative and constructive team environment, involving multiple clients and inter-agency touch points
- Interest and willingness to contribute to larger client and internal strategic priorities
- Ability to adapt to evolving deliverables and priorities and proactively plan for contingencies
- Exceptional multi-tasking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in MS Office applications such as MS Project, Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio and Outlook.
- Leverage strong leadership, problem solving, communication and organizational skills to smoothly handle numerous variables and meet deadlines in high-stress environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University or college degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant discipline such as advertising, marketing, communications, computer science or information system management
- PMP considered an asset
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)