Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Account Director the Account Manager is accountable for the day-to-day execution and management of a wide range of digital and technology programs for our clients. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous programs bringing with them exceptional strategic thinking and a collaborative approach to their day-to-day work.
- A People person, you connect with people instantly! You are able to effectively communicate your approach/vision to all stakeholders.
- Client focused, know your client inside and out. You form everlasting bonds by being genuine and showing passion.
- A Natural Leader, you keep everyone excited about the possibilities and challenge others to push their boundaries.
- A Strategic thinker, think about the improvement of the client’s business through the use of digital and non-digital applications.
- A Multitasker, you have perfected the art of speaking on the phone, writing an email and eating at the same time. Time is of the essence.
- Well Organized, you know where everything is at all times, things happen fast and you are always prepared.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Collaborate: Work with Account Directors & Subject Matter Experts to develop, plan, and manage the client’s needs across a variety of projects and initiatives. Work with various functional teams to estimate and deliver work efforts; liaises with cross-functional teams throughout engagements
- Manage: the development of client SOWs, proposals and estimates, and ensures client understanding and approvals prior to work commencing
- Budgeting: Responsible and accountable for the management of client budgets ranging from $500K - $1MM, delivering flawless financial management, pipeline tracking and aggregate project budget tracking
- Review: evaluate deliverables to ensure that the account, QAteam and/or client feedback has been addressed
- Business Development: Participates in ad hoc projects and new business pitches as required
- Support: Account Directors & Subject Matter Experts leading the project(s)
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for an Account Manager position will possess the following competencies:
- BA/BS Degree in Communications, Marketing or Advertising
- 2-4 years of agency account management experience with innovative, technology and digitally focused organizations
- Knowledge and experience in marketing communications, enterprise technology including content management systems, and other data or third-party integrations
- Understanding of an agency as a business and ability to run accounts profitably
- Must excel under tight deadlines and be able to manage multiple concurrent assignments
- Think one step ahead to proactively anticipate and prepare for problems and challenges
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable both working as part of a team and independently
- Must welcome risk taking and change as necessary to drive business forward
- Ability to persuade and sell ideas
- Solid negotiation skills
- Excellent proficiency in MS office and generally tech-savvy
- Some travel may be required
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)