Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Who we are:
ICF Olson is a collective of world-class agencies delivering across the spectrum of customer experience: creative expression (Olson), public engagement (Olson Engage), customer relationships/loyalty (Olson 1to1) and digital experiences (Olson Digital). Though experts in different areas, we are united in our common POV: Think like people. ® This means everything we do is made from empathy – the key to brand success in a world of ever-shrinking attention and ever-growing choice. Learn more at icfolson.com
Who we’re looking for:
A Software Engineer, skilled in Java, to support and drive forward the end-to-end development of our proprietary CRM platform. On the Olson 1to1 Development Team, you will design and deliver aspects of the platform that streamline, innovate, and improve the development and deployment of the customized CRM platform.
As an engineer, you will collaborate with the cross functional team in a dynamic environment. This includes working with the Solution Architect, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Dev lead, and QA Team on a day-to-day basis to ensure the solutions are being implemented in a way that meets the vision and requirements. You will own your code from design through implementation and test automation.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop an understanding of the loyalty platform product within 30 days
- Understand the full software stack.
- Understand the capabilities, features, and module dependencies of the loyalty platform, including APIs.
- Understand Olson 1to1s documented source control and branch management guidelines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, and enhance existing components to ensure that platform meets business needs.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing.
- Estimate engineering work effort for engineering team and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks.
- Write tests in an existing Java-based test suite that confirm successful implementation of code.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post - deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and be able to clearly articulate the implications of design / architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership.
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Effectively work with the team and team workflow toolset to manage communication, status, issues and code quality.
- Work very closely with Solution Architect and Java lead to drive solutions.
- Competently use version control (Git) to manage topic branches and Pull Requests.
- Follow Olson 1to1s documented source control and branch management guidelines.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Create and update tickets with enough information for the team to estimate and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Drive a quality mindset within the team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years programming experience including at least 1-2 years of modern Java.
- Experience with building web applications in Java, particularly REST/SOAP APIs.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language other than Java.
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies (TDD, or) and tools (JUnit, or).
- Strong competency writing SQL queries; some experience with relational database modeling and design.
- A solid grasp of the Git version control system.
- A firm understanding of SQL, query execution and some experience in query optimization.
- Prior experience in greenfield technologies, such as Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch and Docker welcomed but not required.
ICF Olson is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)
More jobs you might like
Oct 17, 2018
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
Oct 17, 2018
Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
Oct 16, 2018
Oct 16, 2018
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Oct 15, 2018
Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
See All Jobs
Oct 12, 2018
Arlington, Virginia, United States of America