Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Resident Advisor, Cameroon
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Health and Development
Malaria Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Resident Advisor for CameroonCameroon
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
ICF’s International Health and Development Division seeks to subcontract for a Malaria Surveillance Monitoring and Evaluation (SME) Resident Advisor (RA) consultant. He/she will be responsible for leading MEASURE Evaluation malaria activities in Cameroon and providing direct technical assistance to the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to strengthen malaria SME, primarily in data reporting, analysis, and use for decision-making. ICF is a partner on the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV, a five-year cooperative agreement led by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC). ICF’s role includes providing technical support to USAID and national programs to build capacity in SME in the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) priority countries including Cameroon. ICF is assisting our local subcontractor in Cameroon, which is hiring for this position in Cameroon.
The Malaria RA consultant will operate independently and work with NMCP, PMI/Cameroon, and MEASURE Evaluation staff at ICF headquarters to develop and manage annual workplans, monitor activities, and communicate results. In addition, he/she will be involved in a variety of SME, oversee two regional SME officers, and health management and information system (HMIS) activities, depending on the need of the NMCP and PMI/Cameroon.
The Malaria RA consultant will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and provide reporting and status updates to the activity lead for Cameroon, at ICF/USA. This Malaria RA consultant subcontract role is open for international recruitment. The subcontract agreement will be for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension, depending on the need of the NMCP and the availability of funding from PMI/Cameroon.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP to strengthen staff capacity at the central and regional levels in malaria SME including data collection, reporting, data management, data analysis and use, and dissemination and reports.
- Provide technical and management oversight to two regional officers in the North and Far North regions.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP for the review of the of the malaria strategic plan with a focus on the SME component.
- Provide technical support to develop data quality review and assurance manuals at the central level.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP for the periodic assessment of malaria data quality at the subnational level.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP to implement the roadmap for integrating malaria data into the DHIS 2.0.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP to write malaria SME technical documents, such as tools, protocols, and reports.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP to design and implement malaria related studies, surveys and evaluations if needed.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, epidemiology, demography, statistics, health information systems, or infectious disease control.
- At least seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, including the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, strengthening of health information systems, training and capacity building, data quality assessments.
- At least seven years of project management experience specific to developing workplans, and communicating project outcomes.
- Prior experience working directly with governments to strengthen their M&E systems.
- Technical experience in malaria SME.
- Experience in data management, quality assurance and analysis, particularly data from HMIS, and familiarity with DHIS 2.0.
- Experience with survey design and implementation
- Prior experience working in Cameroon or other Francophone countries in Africa preferred.
- Previous experience working with agencies and U.S. government programs and initiatives such as USAID and PMI.
- Willingness to travel in-country, 20% of the time.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.