Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant – Environmental Policy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job Title: Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant – environmental policy
Location: London, Plymouth or Brussels
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates environmental policies.
The practice works extensively for the European Commission (e.g. DG Environment), as well as UK Government departments (e.g. Defra) and its agencies. It tackles issues at the top of today’s policy agenda, including biodiversity protection, marine and fresh water management, environmental finance, environmental governance, green growth and climate change.
We are looking for an intellectually curious and very well organised individual, with an ability to see the many dimensions of a policy problem and to engage and work with leading thematic experts. Much of our work involves economic analysis and evaluation so skills in either area (ideally both) would be a strong advantage.
About the role
From day one, you will have the opportunity to win, manage and deliver a diverse range of projects for the European Commission and the UK Government. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including managing others’ contributions and delivery. You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded analysts and project managers. You will work in an international environment in which more than 30 nationalities are represented. You will be contributing innovative ideas and practices to the business, helping achieve excellent, cutting edge research and expanding ICF’s work into new areas. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with public sector clients to understand and address their needs
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Oversee policy and/or economic research, analysis, and evaluation
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to the client
- Deliver high quality research and analysis
- Manage and develop junior members of the team
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
- Experience of a minimum of 5 years (Senior Consultant) or 8 years (Managing Consultant)
- Expertise in environmental economics and/or evaluation of environmental policies and programmes, if possible including the application of innovative approaches to estimation of policy and programme impacts
- Experience in managing large and complex projects/teams
- Experience in writing competitive bids, managing budgets, tasks, and client interactions
- Sound knowledge of EU marine, water and/or environmental policies
- Ability to develop and convey expertise on a topic
- Ability to think through the methodological challenges of investigating a topic
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- A relevant university degree
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
London Cannon (GB73)