Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - EU and UK Regulatory Policies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Location: London or Brussels
About the team
We are looking for an experienced level consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates regulatory policies including, but not restricted to policies for the food chain.
The practice works extensively for the European Commission and its agencies, as well as UK government departments and agencies. It tackles issues at the top of today’s policy agenda: consumer health, climate change, waste and the circular economy, international trade, economic crime, disruptive technologies, emerging risks are among the issues that we are working on.
About the role
From day one, you will have the opportunity to win, manage and deliver a diverse range of projects for the European Commission and UK Government. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including managing others’ contributions and delivery. You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded analysts and project managers. You will be contributing innovative ideas and practices to the business, helping achieve excellent, cutting edge research and expanding ICF’s work into new areas. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with public sector clients to understand and address their needs
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Oversee policy and/or economic research, analysis and evaluation
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to the client
- Deliver high quality research and analysis
- Manage and develop junior members of the team
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, but preferably 7-8 gained delivering policy research in a consultancy, government or a regulatory agency, the European Commission, academia, the private sector or the third sector.
- Experience of managing large and complex projects/teams and writing competitive bids (or research grant applications), managing budgets, tasks, and client interactions
- Ability to develop expertise on a topic and think through methodological challenges of investigating a topic
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Ability to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- Experience in one or more regulatory sectors and knowledge of food policies would be beneficial
- A relevant university degree
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
London Cannon (GB73)