Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior UX/ Information Architect (Part-time)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
It’s time to love where you work, love what you do and make an impact! ICF is seeking a junior user experience (UX) professional to lead user interface design, usability testing, and prototyping for various client web application and websites. You will work with clients and team members to discover and understand business requirements; design and carry out user research activities and engage end users in the design process; ensure a focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience; and develop wireframes, process flows, and other information architecture documents to communicate site structures to business and development teams.
We push the digital world forward, using technology to achieve life’s most important mission—connecting people. Are you ready for what’s next? Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF. See what we've been up to! ICFhumblebrag.com. This is position can be based in either Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD.
What you will be doing:
- Work collaboratively with team and stakeholders to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Develop usability test plans and conduct user research activities
- Design website/application structures and user interfaces
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and other blueprints that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Conduct content audits, develop content maps
- Participate in collaborative user-centered design initiatives across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- 2+ years experience applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development, social media, or similar digital environment
- Experience working in government, healthcare, and/or energy sectors is desired.
- Experience conducting usability research, such as user interviews or cardsorts
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Team player with positive energy for collaborating, balancing multiple tasks, and learning on the job.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills and professionalism
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)