Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Business Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for Senior Business Analysts to join our Information Planning and Management (IPM) line of business for a large, business analysis and management support services contract within a CIO organization. This position will be located at client site in Arlington, VA with local travel.
You will possess deep IT PMO and IT project, program, and portfolio management experience with the ability to manage, oversee, and successfully deliver multiple projects, and will have excellent client handling skills with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the client organization. He/she will be a recognized technical expert in IT systems relating to highly specialized subject areas, which include but are not limited to: portfolio management, predictive metrics reporting, audit and internal controls, sourcing and acquisitions support, financial management, and training. The candidate will ideally possess knowledge of IT PMOs and Project Management methodologies and tools, knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes (i.e., Agile methodologies), and operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the development of strategies and plans for the successful completion of large complex projects
- Conduct major enterprise-wide business process evaluation and modernization projects
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Ensure quality of deliverables by ensuring that processes are implemented and work product is confirmed as complete, accurate, and in accordance with established standards
- Play an active role in identifying innovative and efficient improvements across the contract
- Auditing and managing project plans to ensure effective schedule and cost controls, risk mitigation planning, and problem resolution
- Communicate with Program Managers on a daily basis as well as provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc contract reporting
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of related Business Analyst, IT PMO and program management experience
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
- Strong understanding of the IT industry, financial business processes, and procedures, financial reporting, and contract management
U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
What we would like:
- MBA, MPP, MS in project management or other advanced degree
- PMP (Project Management Certification)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification
- Experience working for a large financial services organization
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) and project management software (e.g., Primavera, or similar)
- Knowledge and experience designing and improving processes
- Knowledge of Project and Program Management methodologies, associated processes and tools, and the software development life cycles (SDLC)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)