Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Internal Controls and Audit Project Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Project Lead for an Internal Control Review team assisting our federal client’s CIO organization in evaluating, monitoring, and reporting on risks, internal controls, processes, and associated IT and Financial systems to ensure organizational results and objectives are being met.
What you will be doing:
- Effectively apply your leadership, project management, and expert information assurance, risk management and internal control program support to our client, based on your experience performing IT audits and assessments using CSF, FISMA, or ISACA COBIT standards.
- Develop/maintain the overall approach, methodology, process and plans for doing the work, while proactively and routinely providing recommendations on process improvements.
- Initiate/utilize best practices in approaches, standards, solutions, and innovations pertaining to IT-related internal controls review engagements.
Your Hands-on Role:
- Alongside your Team members, you will perform assessments and internal reviews based on frameworks such as NIST CSF and 800-53, COBIT, and FISMA.
- Create high-quality deliverables such as information requests, summary reports, and other executive-level documents, ensuring that all Team work products are complete, accurate and conform to client standards.
- Provide client notification of control deficiencies, and/or areas of concern or improvement.
- Conduct process guidance and framework mapping exercises
What you will need:
- Minimum of 7 years of information assurance experience performing IT audits and reviews, at least some of which were with federal civilian clients.
- Experienced with leading audit and assessment teams, staff task assignment and monitoring, and reporting progress against project milestones.
- Functional knowledge of the IT industry and industry accepted business processes, procedures and frameworks relating to internal reviews, audits, governance, risk management and internal control such as COBIT (4 and 5), FISMA, A-123, A-130, and NIST frameworks/standards such as CSF and 800-53.
- Excellent client-facing, and project management skills
- Aptitude for working autonomously, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize according to changing circumstances.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, MS Project, and Microsoft Visio (or similar tool) to create process flow diagrams
What we would like:
- Certifications such as CISA (Preferred), CISSP, and/or CRISC
- PMP certification
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent client-facing and project management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for working autonomously and prioritizing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize according to changing circumstances.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)