Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Director, Hosting & Architect the Sr. DevOps Architect will help build reliable and scalable solutions for ICF Olson’s clients. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining core infrastructure/cloud systems, and implementation of applications programs supporting ICF Olson’s processes and operations.
- A Technology Fanatic: Fret over latest technology trends in the infrastructure/cloud space, have a POV on it
- A problem solver: Preventing the problem is the goal but finding the solution is your focus
- Action Oriented: You get shit done. You don’t wait around, you take the bull by its horns, and don’t rest till things are resolved.
- Continuous Improvement Obsessed: You know when to operate and when to automate. You believe that it can always be made better, faster, and stronger!
- A Natural Leader, you keep everyone excited about the possibilities and challenge others to push their boundaries.
- A Self Starter: Quick to learn & adapt, you are intrinsically motivated.
Your key responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Architecture: Design, develop, implement, optimize automation and support cloud-based infrastructure for complex client-facing enterprise applications/systems. Design virtual systems based upon client needs, tasks and goals. Ownership of “Infrastructure as Code” (IAC) code bases including; roadmap, review pull requests and develop testing strategies. Design methodologies and technology pipelines for delivery of business initiatives.
- Automation: Build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, build systems, shared resources and other integrated systems. Demonstrate a clear, energetic and excited interest in automating everything (build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes "Infrastructure as Code"
- Application Deployment: Develop and deploy virtual systems and plan upgrades/maintenance.
- Collaborate: work closely with software development to streamline software deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Monitoring: Configure and use system monitoring tools and notification/alerting services. Manage multiple cases involving a variety of technologies, protocols and equipment.
- Training and Research: Participate in training, research, concept testing and usability testing to deploy new/relevant technologies. Maintain certifications where applicable.
- Communicate Effectively: articulate/describe architecture decisions and rationales at a detailed level to both client and internal teams
Your experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Senior DevOps Architect position will possess the following competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology positions focusing on Systems Administration, Engineering, & Architecture
- 8+ years of Linux experience
- Red Hat JBOSS, Apache Tomcat or IBM WebSphere experience
- Intimate familiarity with on premise & cloud hosting technologies
- Experience with various tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Subversion, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible. Chef is preferred.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages including Shell, Perl and Python
- Proficient in one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Logstash, Graphite, Splunk
- Strong working knowledge of networking, packet tracing, understanding latency and throughput in order to pinpoint or resolve application issues
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how a DevOps / Systems Engineer facilitates these practices in collaboration with the Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per year
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental, short term and long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)